Best Secure Web Host?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by jon987, May 13, 2009.

1. jon987

jon987 New Member

Hi
    My client wants to set up a website with some content only available to paid subscribers. They're going to be paying by debit/credit card so I was wondering: what's a good secure web host?

Any recommendations?
  2. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

Look around and you'll find a few recommendations. I suggest wiredtree.com to anyone that asks me - they provide exceptional value and support.

Make sure when you look around that you are comparing apples to apples. If you are taking credit cards, shared hosting is not adequately secure.
  3. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

The most secure host will be your own. It's cheap enough to get a VPS (virtual private server), where you control all aspects of security, and no one else is even ON your webhost unless you create an account for them.

I pay about $55 per month for a VPS with FutureHosting.com, and I've been very happy with both it and the service I get from the company.

I've heard some good things about HostMonster, as Johnathan has mentioned above. They may be worth checking out, although I would keep a close eye on server response times, as many hosting companies offering such "generous" packages often oversell their servers.
  4. nikito23

nikito23 New Member

I agree with PowerKeys, having your own Webhost private server is the best way to go, but in today's age of time convenience it would be simpler to purchase a plan. Personally, I use Yahoo Web Hosting as I enjoy its simplicity and have been doing so for many years. However, there are many good hosts that can provide great support and great pricing.
  5. komin

komin New Member

Best Domain Name Registration and Web Hosting

For the best domain name registration and web hosting plan,
    you may visit this site http://www.worldtophost.com/
    It has the best web hosting plan and good domain name registration.
  6. jhon01

jhon01 New Member

Hello
    I need to know how to select the best website hosting company for a new website builder. I don't know very much about website construction. Also, I'm not sure how much room I need and don't understand about servers, etc. Multiple Domain Hosting
    Thanks!
  7. amy66

amy66 Member

I would go with Hostgator or Bluehost.
  8. osmark

osmark New Member

9. dadiehost

dadiehost New Member

For my opinion godaddy is the best hosting and very trusting company also.
  10. alexhudson

alexhudson New Member

Make sure when you look around that you are evaluating. If you are taking bank cards, shared hosting is not effectively secure.
  11. georgesmith

georgesmith New Member

For site hosting ,Choose the provider that give secure transactions, unlimited storage and quick technical support as you need to add more data to the website and those things must be required to run the website.I highly recommend Finestshops hosting because they offer secure and up time hosting plans at reasonable prices.