Authorize.net CIM Error: The FDC Merchant ID or Terminal ID is incorrect.

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by underwear, Apr 17, 2012.

1. underwear

underwear Member

Hey there.

I grabbed my api and transaction key from authorize.net (CIM). Went ahead and took the plugin out of test mode in aMember as well as took it out of test mode at Authorize.net. The last two tasks adjustments were done after researching error messages I was getting about cronjobs not being configured correctly.

After running a couple tests I got this message:

The FDC Merchant ID or Terminal ID is incorrect. Call Merchant Service Provider.

I went ahead and contacted Authorize.net - but was wondering if you have seen this before or know what I have done incorrectly.

Thank you for the information/help.

fdc_merchant_id.jpg
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Well for me it looks like a problem with your Authorzie.net account.
    Btw did you receive any reply from them about this issue?
  3. underwear

underwear Member

Alexander,

Not yet. But I will be sure to post what I find or the solution that comes for this specific error message when I find it. It was after their normal business hours when I came across this error so I will try them again shortly.
  4. underwear

underwear Member

Spoke with Authorize.net and they explained that what the error message was saying was that Authorize.net was not speaking with or connected to the actual 'Merchant Processor' that we are using. I didn't understand that having an account with authorize.net to make the CIM work with aMember must also have a 'Merchant Processor' to process payment with authorize.net. So, I'm working on sorting that out. Should be fine after we get everybody talking.

In the future, you guys might want to look into working with BluePay. They have everything all localized into one entity; BluePay. I'm not sure if they have recurring billing but I am trying them out with another client that I'm working with. For another plugin. I'm sure you guys have already explored them as an option though. Not affiliated with them in any way, btw. Just didn't know that we needed a Merchant Processor to work with the authorize.net account as well and thought that this might be a way to limit support items like this for people like us trying to set it up.