Affiliate links to blog posts

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by quantedges, May 23, 2014.

1. quantedges

quantedges New Member

Is there a way that one of my affiliates can create a link to a blog post on my site, rather than using one of my pre-set links? In other words, after I do a post, they go and add their affiliate code to a link to that post which they put on their site, or in their Twitter feed?

It appears that I need to create the text links myself for them to use, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something here.

Thanks,
    Rob
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Rob,
    This is possible in latest 4.4.2 version. You will need to add tracking code to wordpress pages, then user can create such links without a problem from his affiliate account.
  3. gaingrid

gaingrid Guest

Sorry Alex, how can the user create his own links from affiliate account? I cannot see a way there, the affiliate account is "as usual"
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You need to enable option 'Enable Click Tracking Code' in Affiliate module configuration and add tracking code (you can see this code on configuration page) to your wordpress template.

Then you affiliate can use ordinary links to post and just add ?ref=username at the end.
    eg. http://example.com/path/to/post?ref=username

Of course username should be replaced with actual username of this affiliate in your aMember installation.
  5. gaingrid

gaingrid Guest

Thanks, sounds easy ;)

How can I print in wordpress the username of the affiliate? I'm thinking of having a costomized page with affiliate links and banners instead of using the amember one.

I can see in wordpress we have different shortcodes to generate user fista and last name, email, ecc. but not username...

Any help?