Admin automatic logout - Extend time?

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by kellye, Mar 17, 2015.

1. kellye

kellye New Member

My aMember admin dashboard seems to automatically log me out after about 2 hours of inactivity. Is there a way to adjust this setting so I don't have to log in 5 times a day?
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Yes, you are right. Admin session is valid with exactly 2 hours of inactivity. There is not configuration option to change it.
  3. neild1

neild1 New Member

I have just fallen foul of this. Having spent the morning writing a detailed newsletter I lost the whole thing when I clicked Preview.

This is extremely inconvenient - at the very least there should be a warning when you pass the point when you will be automatically logged out or the facility to save newsletters as drafts.

Can this be incorporated into a future update please? If my bank website can warn me I'm about to be logged out surely amember can!

PS I have previously been caught out by this well within 2 hours of logging in.
  4. neild1

neild1 New Member

I wondered whether I may have added that PS more out of emotion - it may have been that "well within" was an exaggeration.

So today I set a timer which I started the moment I logged in to amember to type a newsletter.

I finished the newsletter in 1 hour and 6 minutes, copied it to a text file (so I didn't lose it!) and tried to send the email. Amember had logged me out and presented me with the admin control panel login.

Why is it doing this if the "admin session is valid with exactly 2 hours of inactivity"?
  5. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

6. strategicdeals

strategicdeals aMember Pro Customer

I was also wondering about that. I think instead of helping people one by one only when they ask, without sharing the solution here, it's best to implement an option on the admin panel to extend the timeout time or even disable it completely. I have a blog which is a private admin area for all the people in my company and it's very frustrating when I spend hours working on something and then when I click to update, I am asked to login again and realize I lost all my work. I would like to completely turn off timeout.