Add Unsubscribe to Emails block to Profile page

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by jprescott68, Jun 15, 2014.

1. jprescott68

jprescott68 Member

aMember version 4.3.6

My client has requested that I remove the Unsubscribe block/brick from the Members main page which I have by ticking '
    Do not Show Unsubscribe Block on Member Page'
    in the setup/config->emails page.

However, they would like their customers to still have the facility to unsubscribe but via the Edit Profile page instead.

Is this possible? I have looked at editing the Profile form and I can see you can add a HTML Text brick so I was thinking I could possibly add a html link in here but do not know what URL to add.

Thanks

Julie
  2. jprescott68

jprescott68 Member

OK, to answer my own question I have been able to insert the code behind the block/brick into the profile form page (_form.phtml) and then did some css styling to make it look nice. It all works and saves the status against the user account. The only thing I can't get it to do is remember the state when the page reloads (eg, if it was ticked, when the page reloads it is unticked) This is purely cosmetic as the user is still down as unsubscribed, but it may confuse users when they look at their profile at a later date.

If anyone has any ideas that'll be great, alternatively I will repost on here to help others who may wish to do the same.

Julie
  3. jprescott68

jprescott68 Member

Hi, I am still trying to add the 'Unsubscribe to Emails' tickbox onto the profile page - has anyone out there any pointers on how to do this? (my client really wants it displaying on this page)

I have tried to add the block to the profile.phtml page as follows:

<?php include $this->_script('../blocks/member-main-unsubscribe.phtml'); ?>

but I get an internal error message on the page, so it doesnt like that!

Please can any of the aMember development team offer any help on this?

Thanks

Julie
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

There is not such ability in admin interface but I see it can be useful feature. Please contact us in helpdesk (http://amember.com/support) and refer to this ticket. I will implement Unsubscribe brick that you can put to profile form. Same feature will be included in next release.