1SC requires $99 fee to implement with amember?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by playpianoking, Feb 14, 2012.

1. playpianoking

playpianoking Member

I signed up with 1SC for a 30 day trial to have a clean looking checkout page, before the actual user registers with amember, (which by the way I have questions as to how to ensure the amember signup page comes after the checkout), but I was not under the impression at all that 1SC was requiring a $99 'one-time setup fee' in order to have it work with amember. Is this true?
    http://www.mcssl.com/User_Guide/V2_...Menu_Text/Cart_Setup/Integrations/aMember.htm

I've heard mediocre reviews with 1SC, so if there is a better alternative, I'm all ears.

My goal is to have a user pay on a single page secure checkout which will increase conversion, and afterword take them to amember username and password creation form. I'm using paypalpro as the payment gateway. I wish paypal would just create their own shopping cart service like 1SC where you could customize it to your site so I wouldn't have to pay an extra monthly fee to 1SC.

Thanks for the help and advice in advance! :)
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, they really charge $99. It is hard to understand for me, but they do.
    aMember supports a lot of payment processors, not only 1SC :)
  3. playpianoking

playpianoking Member

Directions state to
    Configure "1shoppingcart" payment plugin at aMember CP -> Setup/Configuration -> 1ShoppingCart Make sure you set the same API Key in aMember CP and 1ShoppingCart Merchants CP -> My Account -> API Settings -> Your Current Merchant API Key

However, API key does not show here in 1shoppingcart. It says his page will only be available/visible to those merchants who are subscribed to our Professional Package. So in other words it only works with amember if you subscribe to the top level $99/month 1SC !?
  4. playpianoking

playpianoking Member

Bump:

API key does not show here in 1shoppingcart. It says his page will only be available/visible to those merchants who are subscribed to our Professional Package. So in other words it only works with amember if you subscribe to the top level (now) $129/month 1SC !?
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I believe you should bump 1SC, not us! My opinion shall be clear from my message above.