Add an additional Profile Form

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by vacc_webmaster, Jun 4, 2013.

1. vacc_webmaster

vacc_webmaster Member

How do I add a second "profile" form type to the Forms Editor page?
    I can not use a "signup" form type because the member isn't signing up for anything... just editing profile fields.

If I continue to use the "signup" form without using a Profile form type it returns error
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately only one profile form is allowed currently. Do you want to split user profile into different forms?
  3. vacc_webmaster

vacc_webmaster Member

Thanks for the reply Alex.
    Yes because i have 10-12 custom fields and with them all on the "Edit Profile" page, it's not exactly easily seen to update these particular 10 fields. In addition, if its on a separate profile page, I can show the additional "edit profile" page of fields only to members with particular subscriptions. Doesn't seem like a big deal.. but it helps by decluttering the edit profile page.

I was able to create a new profile form by changing the URL of "new signup form" by adding profile in "&type=". it stored it in the database with a record ID, but the URL shows profile... if only if there was a way I can recall it by a custom code or some other manageable method... Or another method?
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I requested something similar in the bug tracker- Alex said "We are implementing alternative solution now: ability to add fields/inputs to products so these custom fields will be linked to user invoice and not to user profile. That must be clear.
    Also these optional fields may provide ability to increase/decrease price. It will be like selecting t-shirt size in e-shops."

I'm not sure by this if it will cover the ability to show/hide fields in the profile page though...

David
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

6. propertyreview

propertyreview New Member

Hi, sorry to bump old thread. Im curious if this feature has been implemented because I want to create different profile forms for different users, so they view different profile form based on their membership.
  7. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

@propertyreview Yes, you can create multiple Profile Forms at:
    aMember CP -> Configuration -> Forms Editor

Best Regards.
  8. propertyreview

propertyreview New Member

Thank you Caesar, I have create a new profile form now but how do I assign that new specific profile form for a specific user. Because I dont want this user to be able to edit their username or password at all but the other remaining users can still do it.
    I tried to find a Docs guide on the Amember website to teach me, but was not successful at finding it. can you please point me in the right direction, thank you.
  9. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

I am afraid it is not possible to restrict access to profile form based on user active products.

We can develop plugin for you to achieve such feature. Please contact us in helpdesk if interested:
    https://www.amember.com/support

Best Regards.