Allowing access to multiple folders with one product.

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by timg, Jun 22, 2016.

1. timg

timg New Member

Hi Guys:

This thread was started in this post. I thought I had this figured out but now I find out I don't.

http://www.amember.com/forum/thread...le-folders-with-one-product.21862/#post-76504

Here is the question.

I offer product A and when purchased a user has access to folder 1.

I offer product B and when purchased a user has access to folder 2.

I offer product C and when purchased a user has access to folder 3.

Now I want to offer Product D and offer access to folders 1,2 and 3.

How do I do that?

Keep in mind these three products live in three separate folders. When I click on * Path to Folder, it will only protect one folder. I need it to protect folders 1, 2 and 3. Which means when someone orders Product D they need to get access to all three folders. How do I do that?

Thanks again.
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Go to 'Access Permissions' on the 'Protect Folders' page.

For your Folder 1 set the Permissions to product 'A' and 'D'

For your Folder 2 set the Permissions to product 'B' and 'D'

For your Folder 3 set the Permissions to product 'C' and 'D'

But why start another thread? Continue with your original one saves confusion.
  3. timg

timg New Member

I agree on the separate thread, however I could not post to the existing thread. The system kept telling me I did not have the rights to post, even though I was logged in. So the original post was not available to me for whatever reason.

Sorry to create a problem.

I will try your solution and report back.

Thank you and once again sorry for creating confusion.
  4. timg

timg New Member

Okay I checked on what you suggested and in fact I did that already. That is set up in Folder Protection if I understand correctly. However it did not work. It worked with a previous set of products but not this new set. Because of the way you set permissions, I don't think I could have made a mistake setting it up since it is all point and click.

Here is how I solved it, does this make sense to you?

I was wondering if it makes more sense to create a folder named D and put folders A, B and C inside folder D. Then set the path to Folder A to Folder A, Folder B to Folder B and Folder C to Folder C and then if someone purchases all three, give them access to folder D (which contains A, B and C).

It did a test and it seems to work fine. Is there any problem with setting up the architecture like this?

Thank you for taking the time to answer this question, I do appreciate it.

Incidentally I checked the first post regarding this and I still do not have permission to post to it. The thread is closed. Here is the actual message I got. (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.) No big deal but I did want to point out that I try to be a good citizen at all times.
  5. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Didn't notice that thread had been locked. Presumably because you indicated problem had been solved.

If you have set permissions correctly then I would expect the person with access to 'Folder D' would be blocked entry into A B and C because their membership didn't include those folders.

Can you post up a screen shot of your folder protection page for say 'A' & 'D'? Something doesn't seem right somehow. Show screen shot with the drop-down menu open.
  6. timg

timg New Member

Here are two screen shots, First is for folder A, second is for all four folders. Sorry it took me so long. I had to leave town for a few days.

Attached Files:

7. flyinjs

flyinjs New Member

Hello Tima did you ever get this run properly?
  8. timg

timg New Member

No in fact it is still a problem. Tried several different ways of doing it, so far no deal.