Responsive theme customisation

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by terungwa, Mar 23, 2013.

1. tomingles

tomingles Member

I'm also trying to do this as it's impossible for members to even login with the current (default) form on iPhones.

I've tried to follow Borise's instructions, with some success (thanks Borise!). Members can now at least login from an iPhone, but I'm not that confident with CSS so if anyone with a bit more experience could post some basic steps for making the default sign-up and login forms responsive it would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
  2. borise

borise Member

Hey Tomingles,

send me your URL and I'll take a look. It would be hard giving you any instructions without even seeing the theme you are using.
  3. tomingles

tomingles Member

Hi Borise, thanks for your reply. I have worked it out now and it seems, from some of the others posts that I have been reading, that in the next release there will be a responsive theme, so I'll make do with what I have now until the official release soon. Thanks again...
  4. rd2711

rd2711 New Member

What's the status on this? Was a responsive theme released?
  5. rd2711

rd2711 New Member

Scratch that, seeing that it was added in the previous release - just need to update my custom template now. Thanks.
  6. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

This is exactly what I need to do...can you elaborate on the specific files, their location and what changes you made to them? Thanks!
  7. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

rd - can you share what you found? I'm still struggling with getting my wordpress integrated aMember forms to act responsively.
  8. thared33

thared33 Member

I'm up against the daunting task of making the entire front end of aMember look different and I barely know code. I have some wordpress themes, some html/bootstrap themes etc and I need to take the css/graphics from those and transfer it to aMember so it's easier on the eyes.

If I knew where everything was located and what to copy/paste I'd be fine, but I barely know code like I said. I'm either gonna have to spend a few months learning code or I'm going to have to hire a freelancer.

Should I just bite the bullet and do it myself? Just seems like a lot of learning for only one job.
  9. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

People here can often give help and advise but you really need to post exactly what you are trying to achieve together with full details of your site, such as aMember version and extra plugins etc.
  10. thared33

thared33 Member

I'm running the latest version. I need to take the entire front end - the member dashboard area/signup page - and customize the way it looks. I have the graphics, css and everything, I just have to figure out how to switch all of it out.
  11. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Sorry don't understand. By 'I need to take the entire front end - the member dashboard area/signup page - and customize the way it looks.' do you mean you want to create a theme around the aMember pages?
  12. thared33

thared33 Member

The ENTIRE member dashboard that member sees will have an overhaul graphically. All tabs that you click, all login forms, all grids, the credit card payment page, the receipt pages, and so on. Imagine the login form looking like this:

[​IMG]

Everything else will be based off of that scheme as well.
  13. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

I'm just gonna say - that's quite a bit of CSS work you'll be taking on... I wish you luck. I know, because I've done it enough times and it's not smooth sailing...
  14. sgendry

sgendry aMember Pro Customer

Thank you for your help, but coding is not my strength and I remain unclear on how to do this.
    Adding /amember/application/default/views/public/css/site.css with
    @media {
    #login, #pass, #sendpass {width: 200px!important;}
    }
    only messes up the login page.
    http://www.themanualslibrary.net/membership/member/index is a responsive design but I cannot figure out how they did it just by looking at the css files.
    Could you possibly be more specific about how you did it?
  15. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Did you guys get anywhere on this? Have you been able to get amember whipped into mobile shape?
  16. paul_ruf1

paul_ruf1 New Member

I have just finished updating my site winningracingtips.co.uk and paid for the upgrade to V4 and itegrated to a wordpress based site, the integration to protect content was reasonably easy, I've managed to get my header and background on the signup/member pages but basically they still look shoddy and not in line with everything wordpress side.
    I did try the use wordpress theme option in integrations but this just messed up the form altogether.
    Not knowing how to code there seems little way of producing better looking forms and this is a sticking point for the software - if there is anyone out there that can tidy up my signup forms and memberdash board for a small fee I'm all ears.
    I want to use Amember for my new site but am afraid I'm going to have to use something else as oppose to being stuck with ropey sign up pages.