Is google analytics ecommerce working?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by stuart_dawson, Nov 22, 2012.

1. stuart_dawson

stuart_dawson New Member

It doesn't seem to be reporting anything for me. I have the google analytics plugin setup but I get nothing in my GA reports. Do I have to do anything manual?
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

No it should work automatically. How did you test this? Was you redirected to thanks page after payment?
  3. stuart_dawson

stuart_dawson New Member

Yes. And I had a look at the page source & couldn't see any extra sales data in GA code.

Should I have "include only sales code" checked? I have GA code in my wordpress theme.
  4. alexander

No this doesn't matter. Code should be placed in both situations.
    Can you contact us in helpdesk and provide access info we will check what can be wrong.
  5. mhalper2000

mhalper2000 aMember Pro Customer

I have this same problem - have GA running correctly on site, have enabled the GA plugin in amember, I set up a goal URL of /amember/thanks to track when someone signs up and GA is showing no sign ups when it tries to verify. Any help is much appreciated.
  6. alexander

Try to submit test payment as customer and check where are you redirected after order?
  7. mhalper2000

mhalper2000 aMember Pro Customer

When a user signs up, they go to a thank you page and it has url of [standard domainn]/thanks[and then unique data with ID info]

It appears that each URL for the thank you page is unique so I cannot use that as a goal url. I tried to chop of the unique piece and just put the part of the url up to /thanks as the goal but that does not return any data.

Am I missing something here? This must be a common scenario or question. Thank you for any help!
  8. paulbellow

paulbellow New Member

Sorry to resurrect a dead-thread, but you know what, I think you might be on to something? I might try with regex and use a wildcard at the end of /thanks ??

ETA: I think my problem might have been having Google Tag Manager in the Amember plugin while using Google Analytics (old code) on the site. I'll know it it fixes it here in a day or so. Excited to get this extra data on conversions!
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021