XenForo Integration Guide

Discussion in 'Integration' started by lifeobject, Apr 11, 2013.

1. lifeobject

lifeobject New Member

Hello To All,
    I need simple guide to Integrate My fresh XenForo forum with aMember. I have done the following steps,

1. Disable Registration in XenForo so registrations should be done via aMember now.
    2. I have installed aMember plugin to XenForo to redirect login/logout links.

I am testing to create user in aMember Pro but this user has not been created in XenForo so the same user is unable to loing to XenForo forum.

Please guide me simple steps to accomplish this task.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

You forgot one important step.
    You have to setup integration between amember and Xenforo as well. Go to aMember CP -> protect content -> integrations and specify what should happen when user purchase products in amember.
    Then you have to use aMember CP -> Rebuild DB in order to transfer existing active users from amember to xenforo.
  3. lifeobject

lifeobject New Member

Thanks Alexander,
    Here are steps done by me.

aMember Pro Version: 4.2.15
    XenForo Version: 1.1.4

aMember Pro - XenForo Plugin Settings:
    1. XenForo Plugin Installed
    2. Default Level: Registered
    3. Admin Groups: Administrative
    4. Banned Groups: None
    5. Groups Priority: Registered / Moderating / Unregistered
    6. Cookie Prefix: xf_
    aMember Pro - Integration Settings:
    1. Plugin: XenForo
    2. Xenforo usergroup: Registered
    3. Access Permissions: this item is available for all registered customers.
    XenForo - Settings
    1. Disable registration in XenForo.
    2. install aMember plugin to XenForo (plugin will do redirect for login/logout links)
      - copy folder Amember from xenforo_plugin to folder library of your XenForo installation
      - go to XenForo Admin Interface -> Home -> Install Add-ons
      and install from file addon-Amember.xml
    My Objective:

I have fresh installation of aMember Pro so no active members
    I have fresh intallation of XenForo so there is no active user in the forum
    I have made no any change s to XenFor expect above
    Now, i simply integrate newly registered users via aMember to XenForo automatically.

Am i still missing something or need some extra steps ?

Waiting for your kind response.
  4. lifeobject

lifeobject New Member

Thanks Alexander,
    Your guidance has pushed me to the successful integration of XenForo with aMember.
    Take Care
  5. itsrich

itsrich Member

Hello

I need some help if possible

I have integrated amember with xenforo, as far as I can tell it is working. But how can I log into xenforo as admin now that it is protected by amember? I have created a user in amember that has xenforo admin permission, but when i log in, it's not as admin. Also, even though I am logged in, it still shows the orange LOG IN button in the sidebar?

If anyone can help, it will be much appreciated. I am a newbie to all of this, so please be as dummy proof as you can.

Also, how can I edit the appearance of the log in page so that it fits in with the rest of my site, I know html and css, so no problem with editing the files if I know what ones to edit.

I have tried to find the templates and from what I can find, they are mostly php and unfortunately I am not confident in editing those.

Oh, and, also, when I do log in as my created user, it doesn't redirect to the correct page, I have tried changing it in the LOGIN PAGE settings on amember, but it still just goes to:

Index of /

.DS Store
    amember/
    members/

I know this is probably simple stuff, but, if you don't know, it's not that simple lol

Thank you in advance

Richard
  6. planetofthevapes

planetofthevapes New Member

Hi Richard,

Sorry to drag up an old thread but how did you get around this? I'm having the same problem.

Thanks
  7. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member