Different commissions for different affiliates?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by orish, Feb 11, 2013.

1. orish

orish aMember Pro Customer

Hi, I have two or three types of affiliates, depending on how they promote my products. How do I define rules based on the affiliate? Perhaps a multiplier of some kind of the commission paid out to different products.

For instance, my independent affiliates get 40% of my ebooks and 20% of my workshops.

But I actually assist other affiliates to promote my product (for instance they write a review, which I publish and maintain on my forum) and I only want to give them say 20% and 10% (or maybe 20% and 15%).

And perhaps another set of affiliates, who are already customers and have bought the product, might get a one-off payment each time they refer a friend to my site.

So different rules for different affiliate users (or groups of affiliates).

Is there any way to do that?

Many thanks,
    gary
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Yep, you need to create 'groups' in the affiliate settings, and set rules for those groups. then add the user to those affiliate groups.

David
  3. orish

orish aMember Pro Customer

That's great. Thanks. But it took me a while to figure out how to do it, because I had to go round and round the CP in circles.

For anyone else who'd like to know, User Groups are not the same as Product Groups (or Product Categories). You have to go to any user CP (users) -- browse users -- [find and edit a user] and then halfway down the page, just above the Address Info section is User Groups. Underneath this is a small link Edit Groups.

Then go to CP (affiliates) -- clicks/sales -- commission configuration.

Edit or create a Custom Commission Rule and under the Conditions section, there's a list-box for selecting a particular affiliate (i.e. user) group.
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

5. sunseapromos

sunseapromos Member

I have 3.2.3 Pro > navigating through either of the above methods is not possible. Can you reply back with how to get to the areas to Create Groups and then Custom Comissions Rules and Conditions areas?

I need to set up 3 different commissions structures based on my 3 different membership levels. Right now, my lower level members are getting the same commission amount as my top level members. :(

Thx!
    Claudia
  6. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

This description about version 4 of aMember. Such setup is not possible in version 3.
  7. sunseapromos

sunseapromos Member

Is it possible then to have the basic, affiliate-only members for my setup (these folks are free, non-paying members) receive one commission amount (as set in the admin under 'Affiliates' >Affiliate Commissions ~ I have this set to 5%; and then I have under my products a paid membership set up & there I have the Affiliate Commission set for that product/membership level at 25%.

Would each of these instances get their own respective commissions as set?
  8. sunseapromos

sunseapromos Member

Hi again ~ any one know the answer to my next question above please? I have huge customizations on my current script and it would be a major amount of work and expense to switch over to the new version.

Thx! so much,
    Claudia