aMember automatic upgrade

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by wallpaper_01, Jun 1, 2012.

1. vsoftwaretools

vsoftwaretools aMember Pro Customer

Upgrade to 4.2.6 worked for us! Great job guys this is a major improvement to be able to update in this way. Thank you aMember. One suggestion, can you display only the current log text of changes and a link to popup the rest? The checkbox to continue is going to get further and further down the scroll as more updates happen.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

It displays only changes between latest and your installed version, so normally the list is not too long :)
  3. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

hey Alex. i did the upgrade through the auto install and everything seemed to work ok but I have a loading gif that is just spinning and I'm not sure if it means something that it's not loading? It's in the top left corner of the cp screen in the black bar. Also, I thought I read somewhere this install integrated with mailchimp. Where would I find that to utilize it? Thanks!
  4. mdelacruz

mdelacruz New Member

I have the same problem as tamitaylor here, any comments?
  5. spiderz

spiderz New Member

Remove www. from start of the url at browser address bar and hit enter.
    If www. is already not exists, then put it and hit enter.
    When it'll show the amember top bar, then logout and again login. Hope, it'll work :)
  6. descifradoinn

descifradoinn New Member

I'm try to update from 4.1.15 to 4.2.6 from automatic update script in my dashboard, but for now i can't complete de update, every time fails in diferrent steps.

Any comments?

Thanks
  7. spiderz

spiderz New Member

Open support ticket...
  8. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

thanks spiderz it's loading properly now.

My other question, where/how does this version integrate with mailchimp? I'm not seeing any options under the setup, do I need to purchase a plug-in because I dont see that listed. Thanks.
  9. spiderz

spiderz New Member

Yes, i think you have to purchase the plugin and the guy "Ken" is offering it on:
    http://plugins.kencinnus.com/plugin/amail/
  10. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

4.2.6 has the mailchimp plugin preinstalled. You need to enable it in the plugin settings and setup.

Ken used to sell plugins for 3.x, but has retired.

David
  11. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

Thanks David. I honestly don't know what I would do without Amember - appreciate all the help you can get here.
  12. nytix2

nytix2 aMember Pro Customer

will sftp be available anytime soon in Version 4?
    I know its on the list of features requested, but it never seems to get updated.
  13. kroopa

kroopa Member

I need help updating my amember to the latest version without losing my customised templates. Yo, Alex please help yaar.
  14. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Might help if you gave indication of your existing version.
    kroopa likes this.
  15. kroopa

kroopa Member

my current version is 4.1.15?
    I with lots of difficulty optimized templates to have the look and feel of my website.
    Therefore, I don't want any messing of the set templates after upgradation. So, I am thankful to all those who can help me upgrade the software without losing my setups.
  16. kroopa

kroopa Member

Yo guys, none of them are offering some help. Alex, at least you can help me upgrade my Amember without losing any of my customized templates
  17. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Big problem with your request is it gives no idea what templates you have modified. Do you know? If not then it is really mission impossible for anyone without spending a lot of time comparing your modified files with the originals, and that is before comparing them with the latest files.

If you know what files you changed why not download an 'Upgrade Kit' from your aMember members area and if this contains any of the files you changed check them to see what has been changed by aMember before uploading them to your site.
  18. villageboy

villageboy New Member

19. yubliwarokka

yubliwarokka New Member

I have amember pro 4.5.1 and want to upgrade to 4.7.0, but there is no upgrade notification in admin control panel ... how do I get notifications upgrade version?
  20. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Please check option 'Disable Checking for aMember Updates' at
    aMember CP -> Configuration -> Setup/Configuration -> Advanced