Some Questions about Video Protection

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by pernhart, Nov 23, 2011.

1. pernhart

pernhart New Member

I noticed that in V4 is an option to protect Video.
    Ihave some general question about it.

#1 is it possible to use it with another Player than Flowplayer ( Would love to use JWPlayer instead)

#2 Do i have to host the video files on my own Server or is there an option to use a CDN or another Server for video Hosting.

# 3 is the 5 MB upload Limit caused by the Uploader Script or in other Words.... is it possilble to upload bigger files per Ftp and protect them with amember?

Would be great if someone could clearify.

Thanks Sascha
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

At launch they used Flowplayer, but it can be used with other players with some custom code. You could officially post this request as an "Improvement" in the Bug Tracker or it will likely get noticed in the forum.
    Right now it is based on uploading files to your server; however, I have suggested the CDN option. I suspect it will be added soon and will most likely be Amazon's S3. If you have a suggestion for another CDN service, let them know.
    The limit is from the php "upload_max_filesize" value. I suspect this value is tied to the server environment. I will let aMember staff address the FTP option, since I do not know.

The video protection feature was just rolled out and will need some additional work to refine it. I do know that aMember is committed to making video protection a "first class" feature. So, please let them know what you need in this feature that is not there via Improvement posts in Bug Tracker.
  3. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Here is a link to the Protect Video documentation.
  4. pernhart

pernhart New Member

exelent.. seems like what i was waiting for .

Thanks Grant