aMember 4 Plugins and Upgrade

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by arpowers, Sep 21, 2011.

1. arpowers

arpowers New Member

Hey Guys,

So here is our question... right now we are trying to upgrade to v4 from v3. Our v3 system consists of around 20,000 customers, and 50 products.

Where do we look for aMember 4 plugins?

Where is the documentation on the upgrade path?

For example, we can't figure out how to import products/payments from a v3 install.

Thanks
    Andrew
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Andrew,
    I DO NOT recommend you to upgrade your live website right now. I believe if you wait 30 days, it will prevent you from many problems and hassle. As I said, my beta testing offer was for new websites, and there are reasons why. Everything that comes to a little problem on starting website, may become a disaster on website with 20000 customers!
  3. arpowers

arpowers New Member

haha

don't worry we're testing with our local servers, etc..

:)
  4. arpowers

arpowers New Member

Alex, after some initial import testing, users were imported ok. Products page crashed as no currency was imported for each product, added USD to the products column to fix that.

How do we link to a single product now? In v3 we have ?price_group=-64 for product 64
    v4 seems to have hidden categories instead, so do we have to add a category for each hidden product? Or can you link directly some other way and hide it by default?
  5. alex

You can create a separate signup form for each product, go to aMember Cp -> Forms Editor and add new form, then click on "configure..." link at "Product" brick and you can limit products displaying in this particular form.

Also, there is (beta) of shopping cart module included.

If that is not enough, please describe me your business task and we will implement something in aMember to help with.
  6. interactivbiz

interactivbiz New Member

This is great, and also the reason we waited for V4.
    Are there plans to do the same for Profile Forms?

Regards from sunny Australia. Keep up the good work.
  7. alex

How should it work for profile forms? I am not sure about... What if customer ordered 2 or 3 products - which profile form must be displayed?
  8. infopreneurevolution

infopreneurevolution New Member

Alex, I sent you a PM a few days ago. I have a product launch coming up real soon and I would like to test it with V4. Thanks.