Protect everything except...

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by ozlady, Sep 26, 2013.

1. ozlady

ozlady New Member

Hello,

Firstly - thank you! Great product. Way easier than a number of products out there. Really impressed. Thanks!

Next - I've worked out how to leave everything open and protect some posts / pages in a Wordpress installation.

Is there a way to reverse this? Ie. protect the entire Wordpress site except for 4-5 pages?

Tried searching in the forum but couldn't see how.

Thanks / Stephanie
  2. ozlady

ozlady New Member

bump? I'd even appreciate a link to another post that addresses this.
  3. ozlady

ozlady New Member

OK - From what I've scoured from these forums, it seems that this is not possible (protect everything, except...).

I did find this post on bulk post-page protection, which is nifty (and a huge relief as I thought I was going to have to go in to every page/post and apply protection manually), however it still means that if I want to add more pages, I have to add the protection individually as well. Not ideal, but OK for now.

I'd love to see this feature be added to Wordpress integration.

And I still love this product compared to many of the membership options out there! Thanks.
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Its not a bad idea to have a 'default protection' setting. I'll add it to the bugtracker as an improvement.

I use the plugin 'duplicate posts' in wordpress to copy existing posts including the protection- then I only need to change the content. http://lopo.it/duplicate-post-plugin/

David
  5. ozlady

ozlady New Member

David - thanks - I'll probably use that as well, otherwise my users might get a little confused. :)
  6. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner