member list for v4

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by vacc_webmaster, Oct 15, 2012.

1. vacc_webmaster

vacc_webmaster Member

I have a memberlist plug for version 3 that sorts, filters, and displays information from custom fields (non-sql common fields)

Can I use the worldpress plug-in to carry this fields over to wordpress to handle the display of custom fields?

What other tools could I use to build a script to excute data from fields to display in a table?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

If you need to deal with custom fields, there are no reasons to define them as non-SQL. Define fields as SQL and you will be able to add it into aMember user grids, filter and sort.

Or are you talking about creating public members catalog for visitors?
  3. vacc_webmaster

vacc_webmaster Member

That is good to know for the backend admin interface.

Yeah, I'm specifically referring to a member list for public facing (or and member facing utilizing protected-folders)

A way to to show active members within the database as well as outputting additional information to this list in which would contain amember fields and custom non-sql or sql fields , whichever is easier to manage for the current release of amember and future releases. The member list list or table would include a search (to search for content within any of the fields within the list, such as zip code)

I have multiple choice selections and thus why I went with non-SQL fields over SQL fields. However, after a curiosity approach, I was able to create a multiple-selection list with a SQL field and showed within the database correctly.

Any thoughts about this, after providing the additional information above?
    Thanks
  4. alex

We planned to release new "members directory" plugin with next release, I hope it will be a solution for your problem.
    Feature proposals for the plugin would be very much appreciated.
  5. vacc_webmaster

vacc_webmaster Member

Yes, I am very much looking forward to a member list in the next release. Please let me be a beta tester. This is one functionality that is much needed in my current implementation and I’m sure others would like to have a member list functionality too.

Here are some thoughts to use or extend on.

• Should allow to show, in a table format, selective amember fields, custom fields (non-sql or sql fields) of a table.
    • The data in the table should have a quick search above the table. The quick search will search for that value in any data in the member list table.
    • Table fields should allow ACSC/DESC functionailty.
    • Should have an option in the admin area to allow to include or exclude expired members (members with no active subscription) in the member list.
    • Should have a custom field for members to select YES or NO option that, if a custom field is selected for YES or a show that member in the table, if the member selected NO to be displayed in the memberlist, the user data will not appear.
    • Allow the First Name/Last Name of the user to be hyperlinked. When the hyperlink is clicked, open a tooltip or a web page, which would include further fields relating to that user, such as "personal statement", fax number, email address (email address would be linked to mailto:)
    Here is another descriptive from another member in which describes a request for a member directory. His thoughts of features seems to relate to the features above and extends on them:
    http://www.amember.com/forum/threads/member-directory.14596/#post-56168

Thank you
  6. alex

Thank you, we will implement it!
  7. hpca

hpca New Member

I see that in the list of available aMember plugins, a new one is there that wasn't when we purchased aMember. If I follow this thread correctly, this is the then soon-to-be-coming plugin referred to above.

Members Directory module $40.00​
    this module allows to setup public listing of members on your website​

Are there any public-facing aMember sites/directories where this has already been implemented to take a look at as a sample?

Thanks,
    Gary
  8. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately there is no example of that module available yet.
  9. hpca

hpca New Member

I look forward to seeing an example when one is available.

The project for which we purchased aMember has evolved a bit in scope to include one or two directories. One a non-public facing full list just shown to members, and a public facing list that's a subset of the full active members (i.e. certain user type)

I don't see anything about this new plugin listed here: http://www.amember.com/docs/Main_Page
    Until such time as samples are available, it'd be nice to see plugin documentation before purchase. Or perhaps we pay the $40 and trial-and-error our way through it?

PS: It's been nice to have a system that seems so flexible. Just two days ago, the main project stakeholder proposed the notion of accessing content through "purchased credits". Though I told him I thought I didn't think this project was the best application for it (and why), it was nice to know we won't need to shop around for a different system he insists on it and gets his way.
  10. alexander

Sure I can provide a trial of this plugin.
    You can purchase it and if it doesn't work for you I will make a refund.
  11. mmeachm

mmeachm New Member

To this list I would like to add display a member photo if desired.
  12. alexander

Such functionality will be available in aMember v4.2.16 It will have avatar plugin, so your users will be able to upload avatars and then this can be used in Membership directory module.