Member Directory

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by everbatim, Mar 29, 2012.

1. everbatim

everbatim aMember Pro Customer

I'd like to create a member directory for my users using the new aMember 4. Obviously I would want to pull information for the directory from the existing aMember database and then display the member's profile using the state and my custom groups as sort criteria.

Does anyone have any idea where I should start on this? I'm not familiar with the programming language on this new version so I'm completely lost. What I envision is an entrance page with a US Map with links for each state AND/OR a list of the custom groups I've created. Clicking on one of those would then sort members in my database into a directory listing, and clicking on a specific user would bring up their profile. I've got some custom fields for the users that I have that I would like shown on the "profile" page as well, so that is a factor too.

Alternatively, if this sounds complicated, is there anyone doing custom work on v4 yet? I'm happy to pay someone to complete this project for me as well as a few other smaller ones regarding v4 if they have time, including a payment plugin for eProcessing Network.

Thanks!
  2. deafdavid

deafdavid Member

Will PHPDirectory works for you?

The only problem I see with this -- there's no plugin -- I'm not sure if there's a better way of doing this -- don't want aMember create so many plugins (and the all plugins have to be updated often) -- I don't know if hooking aMember to Drupal and use plugin available for PHPDirectory (which can be use to hook with Drupal).
  3. awa_la

awa_la New Member

I'm looking to do the same thing. I'm in the process of redesigning a site for a client (the owner of this account) and just got through migrating from v3 to v4 locally. I'm completely unfamiliar with both versions. Whoever created the original site must have done some custom work with v3, because the site has a directory page and it displays particular fields of each profile based on whether the member selected "Basic" "Regular" or "Full" in an added field (e.g. name and address shows for "basic", everything shows for "full"). I need to recreate the same thing, but I have no idea where to begin. Would PHPMaker be a place to start? Or since I'm integrating it with Wordpress, is there a way to use the shortcodes to display this info?