How can I not include Sub user email in signup form'?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by guy1, Jun 28, 2014.

1. guy1

guy1 Member

Hi guys I want to enable a solution for my clients where they add subusers but they don't need email adresses for them. Currently even if I remove the email field form the subusers account form it still insists the subusers has a unique email address.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Guy
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Unfortunately it is not possible. aMember require unique email address for each user. You can use workaround and suggest your users to use there own email with tags (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_address#Address_tags). So in case your user has email main@example.com he can use address like john+main@example.com, mary+main@example.com etc. All emails to these addresses should be delivered to main@example.com according specification. So main user wil get all notification for his subusers to his email address and moreover he will be able to check to address and figure out what subusers this mail belong to. (He will see full email with tag here eg. john+main@example.com)

It is possible to implement customization which assign such email to subusers automatically eg. username+main@example.com, based on main user email address.
  3. guy1

guy1 Member

4. caesar

This post about version 3 of aMember. It is not actual for version 4.

It is not easy customization. Please contact us in helpdesk (https://www.amember.com/support/) I will help you with it.
  5. guy1

guy1 Member

Thanks Ceasar. Will the customisation make updating the core an issue?

Also I had a request for customization back in mid May that I was told would be started on in early June but after a number of requests for an update I have had nothing in response for over a month. Are customizations now starting to be worked on again?

Thanks
  6. caesar

Yes, it is necessary to modify core files of subusers modules.