1ShoppingCart Changes = Forced 2-Step Checkout Process

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by jrstmartin, Jul 11, 2008.

1. jrstmartin

jrstmartin New Member

Today when I was doing a test transaction on my site I noticed that upon submitting the aMember form at signup.php, the redirect to 1ShoppingCart has changed to a 2 step checkout process. This sucks!

Last time I checked (about 2 days ago) the redirect sent you to the final checkout page. The final checkout page is where you can just fill in your payment information and click "Submit Order".

As of now, in my tests, all aMember sign-ups are getting sent to a meaningless shopping cart page, where the potential member has to click "Check-Out" in order to get to the final checkout page.

I think this is crap and needs to be fixed. For site owners using aMember with 1ShoppingCart integration this new unavoidable shopping cart page just doesn't make sense. We are selling memberships, there is no need for our customers to "Continue Shopping", "Clear Cart" or "Check-Out" - they just need to be sent to an order form. Too many steps in the sales process = annoyed customer = less sales.

So, I contacted 1SC support and they said:

Turns out, 1SC has changed their 1-Step & 2-Step checkout links. Either yesterday or today. The only difference between the 2 links is &bn=1 appended at the end of the 1-Step checkout link. This change forces aMember sign-ups into the 2-Step checkout process for some reason.

So I wrote back and I said, simply you just don't understand what I'm saying 1SC, I can't just go in and change the link, because I'm using aMember integration. As most of you probably know, signup.php contains a form that submits information to 1SC via the 1SC plug-in. You can't just change some link (please correct me if I'm wrong and I'll feel really stupid).

I checked the 1SC plug-in files inside aMember and it looks like all the pertinent information from signup.php is forwarded to:

http://www.marketerschoice.com/app/netcart.asp

Now that is a 1SC domain (go to the Contact section and you'll see that their email is support@1shoppingcart.com), so as far as I can tell, it looks to be a problem with 1SC, not any links in aMember somewhere.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Anyone else having this issue?
  2. jimjwright

jimjwright New Member

Hello,

So what do the actual 1 step and 2 steps links look like?

Can you list them here in exact detail.

I would think it would be possible to modify 1shoppingcart plugin to pass the right parameters to be a one step experience. But without the exact details of the link it will not be possible. If you can provide them that would be helpful.

Jimmy
  3. jrstmartin

jrstmartin New Member

Here are the new links for one of my products. They can be found by going to Manage Products > Edit one of your products > you'll see them at the top. They used to be called "Regular Buy Me Link" and "One Click Buy Me Link" the other day. Now they are called "2 Step Checkout Link" and "1 Step Checkout Link":

___2 Step Checkout Link___
    http://www.1shoppingcart.com/Secure...1CF7FF4F&pid=a80ce9fe14b7e2f675b9e14efa7f08eb

___1 Step Checkout Link___
    http://www.1shoppingcart.com/Secure...F4F&pid=a80ce9fe14b7e2f675b9e14efa7f08eb&bn=1

This link change has something to do with the problem of the current forced 2-step checkout process after submitting aMember's signup.php, as eluded to by 1SC support:
    As far as I can tell (see my post above) this is not possible, and 1SC keeps insisting on no liability. We need aMember to lean on them.
  4. jimjwright

jimjwright New Member

Hello,

Well the 1shoppingcart url and what aMember uses don't look similiar at all do they? Is marketerschoice.com an affiliate of 1shoppingcart? Good luck most payments systems I understand this one I do not.

Jimmy
  5. jrstmartin

jrstmartin New Member

I know, the marketershchoice.com url is some kind of redirect. That's where I think the problem is too.

It's definitely a 1ShoppingCart domain. If you go to the Contact section of marketerschoice.com the contact email is:

sales@1shoppingcart.com
    billing@1shoppingcart.com

I think 1ShoppingCart is actually a rebrandable software package, so you'll see it on a lot of different domains.

Anyway, the only "1ShoppingCart link" inside aMember is inside /amember/plugins/1shoppingcart/1shoppingcart.inc.php. Here's the entire function containing it:

PHP:
       function do_bill($amount$title$products$u$invoice){

global 
    $config;

$_SESSION['_amember_payment_id'] = $invoice;

$vars = array(

'MerchantID' => $this->config['merchant_id'],

'ProductID'  => $products[0]['1shoppingcart_id'],

'AMemberID'  => $invoice,

'PostBackURL' => $config['root_url'] . "/plugins/payment/1shoppingcart/ipn.php",

);

return 
    $this->encode_and_redirect("http://www.marketerschoice.com/app/netcart.asp"$vars);

}
    With this information I think this is a problem 1SC needs to fix. By looking at the code I don't see how I or aMember can fix this on our end.

Anyone have any ideas?

UPDATE: The recent changes at 1SC have also created another problem for aMember users. Featured Products (Up-Sells) that you can display on 1SC checkout pages will now NOT display with aMember "products". This is bad news for business. I rely on those upsells that appear alongside my aMember membership purchases to offset my marketing costs and keep my business profitable. This is crap!
  6. aschechtman

aschechtman Member

I'm having the same problem. 1ShoppingCart added the option for their Expanded Checkout page a few weeks back. Nice addition because it gets rid of the extra page that you mentioned.

This seems like something that aMember support will be able to fix promptly. They may have to add something in the 1ShoppingCart plugin in the aMember Control Panel to allow users to select whether the Submit Order button from the aMember interface goes to the Default (2 page) or Expanded (1 page) checkout page. I'm going to submit a support ticket about this now.

Andrew
  7. jrstmartin

jrstmartin New Member

I submitted a ticket for this too, but haven't heard anything yet. Let me know what you find out - I'll do the same here. Thanks
  8. aschechtman

aschechtman Member

Heard back from support that the alternate URL (the one that's supposed to go to the one page checkout) didn't work. They've stated they're contacting 1SC for assistance. Waiting to hear back . . .

Andrew
  9. zzargo

zzargo New Member

Any update on this 1ShoppingCart Fiasco?

Hey guys,

do you have any updates about the fix for this? Did they fix it yet or is the Amember support team fixing this?

Thanks!
  10. michaelvaliant

michaelvaliant New Member

11. jrstmartin

jrstmartin New Member

Wow good timing, I was writing this post at the same time you posted. Anyway, I received the possible solution from 1SC today. The following fix may correct the "Forced 2-Step Checkout" bug and may also correct the "Featured Products (Up-Sells) Do Not Display with aMember Products" bug.

I will not be testing if it works right now, because I have already implemented work-arounds that I'm happy with. I did forward the possible fix to aMember. They are supposed to let me know if it works and if it will be implemented. If anyone has the time/need to test it, please follow-up here with your result. Thanks!
  12. aschechtman

aschechtman Member

This fix does the trick!

Changing that one line in the 1shoppingcart.in.php file does the trick and now sends my aMember orders to the 1 page checkout instead of the 2 page checkout.

Thanks Michael for the feedback. It's good to know someone from 1SC follows this forum.

Andrew
  13. jrstmartin

jrstmartin New Member

1 Bug Squashed, Another Lives

Yup, changing the URL on line 39 of 1shoppingcart.inc.php fixes the 2 step checkout bug. But you still cannot display Featured & Related Products alongside your aMember product on the Expanded Checkout Page.

My attempt at injecting a custom Featured Products section did not work in conjunction with an aMember purchase. See my attempt for the details.
  14. arnoldyoung

arnoldyoung New Member

Something must have changed - because that line is now on line 41 for me already in place as shown but I still have the 2-Step shown -- any further help on this...I agree the 2-Step is totally inappropriate to be shown for an exact membership product selected via aMember. Please help.
  15. arnoldyoung

arnoldyoung New Member

// return $this->encode_and_redirect("http://www.marketerschoice.com/app/netcart.asp", $vars);

spoke too fast netcart.asp --> javanof.asp
  16. denleyd1

denleyd1 New Member

Can someone please post a URL to an actual website that you have so we can see the exact process that you're using?

Frankly, I think it would be better to have 1shoppingcart order form 1st, then redirect to amember signup upon success.

Has anyone tried this approach?
  17. johnd01

johnd01 New Member

I agree

How can I have the customer see the 1SC order form first and then get redirected upon success to the amember...while still having all the automation of the 1SC amember integration?
  18. datehottergirls

datehottergirls New Member

Thats exactly what i'm saying...anyone have an answer to this??
  19. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Latest version of aMember have 1SC plugin that support 1SC in front of aMember.
  20. advertiser360

advertiser360 New Member

Is this the "Allow create new accounts" function in amember pro?

And if so, is there a link I can goto to get the api.php because it is not included with the latest version.