The Advanced Setup page is the page from where you can set up and manage advanced settings like use of external cron, enabling/disabling maintenance mode, use of user groups, access log options, email database backup options and other advanced options like updates etc.
Accessing Advanced Setup Options
- Go to the Configuration page by following the instructions on Setup/Global.
- Click on the "Advanced" button.
The "Setup/Configuration:Advanced" page will be displayed. You can setup/edit the advanced options for your site from this page.
Configuring Advanced Settings
The Advanced Settings page is where you can configure advanced settings like Cron job location, maintenance mode, user groups, access log, multiple order title etc.
- Use External Cron - Select this checkbox if you would like to use an external cron job to display the latest customer, payments and income reports. If you would like to use an internal cron job to do this, leave this checkbox blank.
- Maintenance Mode - Select this checkbox to activate maintenance mode message. This option can be used when you want to temporarily disable the site for maintenance. When users try to access this site during this time, they will see a message saying that the site is down for maintenance. Once you are done with the maintenance activity, you can unselect this checkbox to reactivate the site again.
- Use User Groups - Select this checkbox to use user groups on your site for sending emails, assigning permissions etc. Leave this checkbox blank if you don't want to use user groups.
- Clear Access Logs - aMember Pro automatically stores all access events in access logs for reference purposes. This field enables you to specify the time interval when the access logs should be cleared. Enter the number of days old the access information that is stored should be be. For example, if you fill in "7" in "before" field, only the access logs for the past 7 days will be saved, all other access events before that will be deleted. If you would like to retain all access logs, leave this checkbox blank.
- Multiple Order Title - In this field, you can specify the name to be used instead of the product title when the user has ordered multiple products. Enter the preferred name that you would like to use for such orders in the field provided.
Enabling/Disabling Email Database Backup
You can choose to enable/disable your email database using this option. If enabled, this field allows you to choose how often your email database should be backed up.
- Click on the arrow and select the frequency at which to automatically create a backup of your email database.
- Click on the arrow and select "Disable" if you do not want to create a backup of your email database.