Move aMember to different folder
From aMember Pro Documentation
Revision as of 00:55, 6 March 2014 by Caesar
It is easy to move aMember to different folder on the same website. Follow these easy steps:
- Backup aMember folder and aMember database using webhosting control panel tools.
- Using FTP client MOVE (it is safer than copy!) aMember to new folder
- Edit file .htaccess in root folder of aMember installation
you need to replace RewriteBase /oldamemberdir with RewriteBase /newamemberdir
- Open page http://yoursite.com/newamemberdir/admin/ in browser
- Go to aMember CP -> Setup -> Global : Change Root URLs and License . Change root URLs so it points to new aMember location.
- Go to aMember CP -> Protect Content -> Folders and re-protect all folders (just click 'Edit' on each, then 'Save')
- For all payment plugins, make sure to change IPN/Notification URLs configured on payment system side to point to new aMember location
- If you have aMember Plugin in WordPress installed and configured, login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard and re-configure aMember
plugin to use new aMember location
- If there are external links pointing to aMember sales and login pages, it must be of course changed too