Frequently Asked Questions
How to enable email verification on signup?
- Open aMember CP.
- Click Forms Editor from menu.
- Click edit icon opposite signup form which you want to have email verification enabled.
- On Form Edit Screen click configure email brick.
- In configuration popup window check "Validate E-Mail Address by sending e-mail message with code" checkbox.
- Click Ok
- Save Signup form.
Can I use aMember coupons with my Clickbank account?
Unfortunately, no. You can use coupons only for purchasing through the system they're generated in. Clickbank requires you to set up a copy of your aMember product in Clickbank itself, with values like price being predefined. This does not affect the possibility of using a Clickbank generated coupon for a Clickbank product though.
There are four possible reasons for this:
1. Your hosting doesn't use Apache Web Server software. aMember was designed to run under Apache Web Server so it uses Apache's mod_rewrite module in order to handle internal urls like /amember/admin/ or amember/signup If your hosting uses different Web Server software, you should contact hosting support and ask is there any compatibility mode between your Web Server's rewrite module and Apache's mod_rewrite. Rewrite Rules Which are required by aMember can be found in /amember/.htaccess file. In that file you also can find example of rules for NGINX server config.
2. You use Apache but still see 404 errors on aMember pages. Make sure that you have /amember/.htaccess file and it is not empty. If you don't have that file upload it from amember's installation package, then edit .htaccess file and change this line:
# RewriteBase /amember
for example if you have aMember PRO installed in /members/ folder correct syntax whould be:
3. Your Apache server doesn't have mod_rewrite enable. In this case you should contact hosting support and ask to enable mod_rewrite module in Apache.
4. Rewrite directives are not allowed in .htaccess file for directory where you have aMember installed. In order to fix this you need to tune AllowOverrdie directive for the folder where you have aMember installed. You may need to contact your hosting support and ask to do this for you if you don;t have an access to Apache config. Recommended value for this directive is:
Please refer to this article for other possible values: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#allowoverride
I get "Cannot get token: Authentication failed: The user name or password is incorrect" error when I try to upgrade my amember PRO installation to latest version.
This error means that login/password that you tried to use is not correct. You should use your amember.com account login/password and it is not the same as your aMember CP login/password. If you don't remember your amember.com account's access info, you can request it from this page: http://www.amember.com/amember/member (you will need to specify email address that you used on registration form when license was purchased). Also if you have more then one account at amember.com make sure that you use login/password of account which holds your aMember PRO license. If you don't have access to that account, feel free to contact aMember PRO support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to restore access.