You're already a member message...

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by microlinx, Sep 28, 2019.

1. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

On the registration form, if you are logged in, and you click signup, you get a message saying:
    "You're already a member. No other membership options available or required. Click the browser back button to return".

Can I customize this with a URL to mysite.com/member/member.php? because sending them there makes more sense than the back button.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

3. microlinx

Hmm, I added that code to the end of my existing site.php file (removing the redundant <?php ) and it does nothing new. If I leave the <?php it produces an error.
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You use custom error message - 'You're already a member. No other membership options available or required. Click the browser back button to return'.

You need to either revert it back to default:
    aMember CP -> Utilities -> Edit Messages
    or change default message in code to your custom one.

Best Regards
  5. microlinx

Ok, so I go to Utilities > Edit Messages but I cannot find that specific string anywhere. I did customize the default, which is "There are no products available for purchase. Please come back later." to "You are already a paid member. Click The Download Dashboard button at the top of any page to return to the member area." but it does not work. The message I still get is : " You're already an active member. No other membership options available or required. Click the browser back button to return", which I can't find anywhere, even in the site.php file.

This happens only when a member is signed in, but then clicks the signup button again.

My goal is to have it say : "You are already a paid member. Click The Download Dashboard button at the top of any page to return to the member area." - the download dashboard button links to .../member/member.php
  6. microlinx

I'll take this over to support