Wondering what addons I need to accomplish the following

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by ken_mills, Jan 6, 2017.

1. ken_mills

ken_mills New Member

Hi there,

I have been using amember for 4 month snow and I'm really loving it. The product is solid and support is spectacular!

I am looking to move into the Affiliate direction - to offer commission on sales, but I would like to know if I need to install both the affiliate and Joint Venture plugins.

I have 2 products: product A (one time payment for a physical device) and Product B (monthly subscription). All affiliates and /or Joint Venture customers will be paying customers of both Product A and Product B.

I would like to offer affiliates a $20 commission for every Product A they sell, up to 10 products. At the 10th sale, I would like to offer them a free lifetime of Product B.

Base don the wording for the addons, it sounds like I would need the Joint Venture addon to offer commission and the affiliate addon to offer the subscription.

Or can I achieve both of these benefits with a single addon?

Thanks in advance for any help can provide.

Cheers,
    Ken
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your kind words about our product! I am glad to hear that.

You do not need JV plugin at all. The purpose of this plugin is to share revenue for some particular product with its vendor. One common use case of this plugin is you sell some plugin (for example for WP) and you want share revenue from these sales for this plugin with developer of plugin (you get 30% and plugin developer get 70% for each sale).

You can use standard built in affilitae module to set up 20$ commissions per sales. You can use aff-bonus plugin in order to give bonus access to affiliate after configured number of slaes
    http://www.amember.com/amember/product/aff-bonus

Best Regards.
  3. ken_mills

ken_mills New Member

That is brilliant, thanks a million Caesar!

Your support continues to impress :)
    Cheers,
    Ken