What should my folder structure be?

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by theangelguy, May 14, 2013.

1. theangelguy

theangelguy Member

Hi, there,

I have the main "free" site and content off of the root of my site, and I'm having the members area in a separate sub-folder with all of the pages and content.

Should I have this in the same folder I install amember to?

Or can I have it in its own folder separately?

Does it matter or is there an advantage?

Like I if I want to install amember to the /amember folder but my content to a /content folder, will this work?

Or do I have to install the content to something in /amember?

Have a good day, and thanks.

- Paul
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

No
    Yes
    This is the way it should be done
  3. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Your content should never be in the aMember folder; you will have loads of problems.

Separate folder protected by aMember.
  4. sweetcat47

sweetcat47 New Member

I installed my Amember application in the root of my server, cron jobs do not work and fail because the path does not include the "amember" folder - so my question is should I rename my sites root folder, and if I did what problems might that cause, I have a couple of plugins - or can I change the path in relation to the cron job somewhere to eliminate the folder "amember" in the required paths for the additional php files, etc.???

error is as follows:

Code:
    Content-type: text/html

<br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  require_once(/home/content/39/12436339/html/amember/bootstrap.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/content/39/12436339/html/amember/cron.php</b> on line <b>3</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Fatal error</b>:  require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/content/39/12436339/html/amember/bootstrap.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in <b>/home/content/39/12436339/html/amember/cron.php</b> on line <b>3</b><br />