V4 WordPress and Incremental Delivery

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by gswaim, Oct 19, 2011.

1. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I am working with the V4 Beta WordPress module. It really is slick, but I can't seem to find a way to set up incremental content delivery. Am I overlooking something or is it not there?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Found it! When you add protection to a page/post you are presented with a very configurable time period. You can establish how many days from the start and end of a subscription that the given page is avaialble.
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Grant, what do you think of the new way of handing incremental?
  3. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Skippy B,

Pretty slick, but it took a while to discover it. The V4 WordPress module is pretty amazing. Each night when I dig in, I keep getting a deeper and deeper appreciation for this project.

Some of the "Game Changer" features from V4:

One Click WordPress Theme Integration
    I just about wet my pants on this one! This was the single biggest negative for someone using aMember with WordPress. It is now gone.

Short Code Building Utility
    The protection short code building feature is just crazy. No other WordPress membership plugin has anything remotely close to this

Ability to Change Labels on the Fly
    No more jumping in the language file to make those subtle changes in the labels.

Ability to Build Multiple Sales Pages
    It took me a while to wrap my head around this, and then the light went on for me. Multiple sales pages with unique URLs and the ability to redirect to these pages from protected pages/posts..... WOW.​

If you are not a seasoned aMember admin, this can be a little overwhelming. It is going to take a lot of good documentation to help a new user see the big picture. I am going to volunteer to help Alex with the documentation.
    jbildy likes this.