"Too many redirects" error message when logging in

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by pascalevdb, Dec 28, 2011.

1. pascalevdb

pascalevdb Member

hi there,

I've set up a new product for an existing folder, and when users log in, they are getting the following error message:

Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://www.domain.com/default.htm”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.

any ideas?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Sounds like you set something up wrong- either on the page protection, folder protection etc.. hard to diagnose without seeing what you set up.
    Can you post some screenshots?

David
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Also, what exact aMember version you have?
  4. pascalevdb

pascalevdb Member

Hi both of you and thanks for your response.

I am using amember 3.1.4

and attached is a screenshot of the error message.
    the folder and protection were working fine, then I added a new product to the folder - but there are only 2 products associated with this one folder:

amemer error.jpg
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Id say delete the current folder protection, then go in with FTP and makesure htaccess has been deleted- then do folder protection again.

David
  6. jasonh24

jasonh24 New Member

Did this issue ever get resolved? I see it has been addressed in version 4. Is there anyway that I can stop this from happening in 3.1.9? I deleted the htaccess file and no dice. I am not ready to upgrade yet, but need to be able to protect a folder. I keep getting the "too many redirects" error.

Thanks
  7. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Is this a new installation?

A few things to check:

1. Do you see the issue from a clean browser (clear browser cache / cookie, restart, only log on to aMember as user).

1. Does your root directory have the correct permissions

2. Do you have a session.save_path defined for your server, is it a valid path, does your web account have write access to it.
  8. pascalevdb

pascalevdb Member

To answer your question, yes! I "redid" the .htaccess file and it is working just fine. Good luck with your issue. Wish I could be more helpful.