Subusers plugin modification

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by richard_hunter, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richard_hunter

richard_hunter aMember Pro Customer

I have purchased aMember and the Subusers plugin however it doesn't do quite what I want so I'm looking to make some modifications to the script.

When managing the signup form through aMember Admin, there is no way to allow users to specify the username and password, they can only be automatically generated as the 'hide if logged-in' check boxes are checked but disabled. I would prefer these to be editable fields.

Additionally, as we are working with children, we don't want to take their email address when setting up subusers. Is there a way to set up subuser accounts without the need to ask for an email address?

Any help very much appreciated!
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello Richard,

Do you mean form for subusers? You can control fields on subusers form at
    aMember CP -> Configuration -> Setup/Configuration -> Subusers

I am afraid aMemebr require email address. I suggest to use email tags for subusers
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_address#Subaddressing

You can use username of child as tag. For example if parent have address parent@example.com
    then he can add the following address for subusers: parent+bill@example.com, parent+marry@example.com etc.

This way all email for such address will be delivered to parent@example.com.

We can help to automate it if necessary. Feel free to contact us in helpdesk
    https://www.amember.com/support

Best Regards.
  3. richard_hunter

richard_hunter aMember Pro Customer

Thanks for your advice and help.

I'll have a go at this myself and come back to you via support if it's something I have trouble with.

Kind regards
    Richard
    caesar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.