Sub-domain protection

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by cathie_sherwood, Oct 10, 2016.

1. cathie_sherwood

cathie_sherwood New Member

I am using aMember with Wordpress and I have a subdomain eg goodstuff.sugarcane.com within sugarcane.com which is accessible only to those with paid membership. I know I can protect files and folders but how do I protect all of the content within the subdomain which will be a mix of files, folders, video etc?

Does each of the pages have to be generated in aMember or can they be done in WordPress as per usual and then use aMember to protect the whole subdomain? If the pages have to be generated in aMember is there any way I can protect a page which is already existing in the subdomain or will it have to be redone in aMember?
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You can protect whole subdomain at once as a folder
    aMember CP -> Protect Content -> Folders

Also you can use standard WP integration on subdomain as well. I assume both domain and subdomains is hosted on same server (uses same file system).

Best Regards.
  3. cathie_sherwood

cathie_sherwood New Member

Thanks for the prompt reply. Both domains are hosted on the same server but I have to admit that I am still a little confused about how I would go about protecting the domain as it is the only 'section' that needs it.