Some users not able to log in?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by easyprompter, Nov 27, 2017.

1. easyprompter

easyprompter New Member

I have a very strange situation where SOME users cannot log into the site upon signup. They go through the normal process, get their verification email and then confirm. After this, they cannot log in. The system throws them back to the homepage. I have a debug page set up that throws out a bunch of AmLite data and it all comes back blank, so as far as the system's concerned, the user is not logged in. However, if they go directly to /amember/member, then they see their panel.
    Any idea how this can happen? I was able to replicate this locally once (Windows 10/ Chrome) and I have a feeling it has something to do with the fact that when you get the confirmation email, you're automatically logged in but then if you log in in another tab with the wrong password (is this even possible?) it gets into some sort of dual state?
    Any idea why /amember/member would allow access while AmLite would return all blanks?
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

Please check setting session.hash_bits_per_character in php.ini. It should be 5 or less.

Best Regards.