Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by paullee357, Jan 5, 2014.

1. paullee357

paullee357 Member

Hi All, Loved installing AM for one non-profit and I purchased again for another. The new org wants to sell annual memberships to Individual, Family and Business levels at different dollar amounts. I have the Products all set up and even added a new field called Business Name for the Business sign up form. So I have three separate sign up forms (because different questions are asked for each type) but it appears I always need to have a "Default"

Is their a way to get around having a Default sign up form? Or if I am stuck with it can I make it an HTML block that has links to the 3 specific sign up forms.

I wish I could use a single sign up form where, if Business Membership is checked, the Business Name field/brick is revealed.

I'm still in the planning and installing phase nothing concrete yet. Would love to hear about any strategies that I might be missing.

Paul
  2. crystalmedia

crystalmedia Member

Some javascript inside an html block might do the trick. To add a checkbox, you'll have to modify the code, but the code below is what I use for the coupon (similar to what aMember uses on their sign up).

When clicked, the hidden coupon field on my sign up page is revealed.

Code:
    Got a coupon? <a href="javascript:;" id="expand-coupon" class="local-link">Click here</a>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    $('#expand-coupon').click(function(){
        $(this).closest('.row').hide();
        $('input[name=coupon]').closest('.row').show();
    })
    $('#expand-coupon').closest('.row').toggle($('input[name=coupon]').val() == '');
    $('input[name=coupon]').closest('.row').toggle($('input[name=coupon]').val() != '');
    </script>
  3. paullee357

paullee357 Member

Thanks for posting that. I will have to try that out if I have to stick with a single page sign up.

I'm still confused as to why AM makes it so easy to create multiple signup forms, but needs one as default.

I think a moment of clarity hit me as I typed this. Are multiple sign up forms created in some cases as development for different version rollouts of your product? (Christmas specials)
  4. crystalmedia

crystalmedia Member

Good question. I honestly don't know. I guess it's to give more freedom or customization. Most integrations come from the request of aMember users - so maybe it was requested a few times.

I use multiple sign up forms. I have one that has all listed items (products) and then individual ones that are tailored to the individual product. I use those for the "landing" page.