Shut site for maintenance and mass log out

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by itsrich, Mar 12, 2015.

1. itsrich

itsrich Member

Hello all,

I was wondering if there was a way to do a mass log out of any members that are signed in?

If and when I shut the site for any maintenance purposes, I would give members enough notice before hand, but I would like to "kick" any members that are still signed when maintenance begins.

Is this possible?

Thank you

Regards,

Richard
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You can enable maintenance mode at aMember CP -> Configuration -> Setup/Configuration -> Advanced (Maintenance Mode) and only logged in admin can see and operate with aMember. All other users will see message about Maintenance.
  3. itsrich

itsrich Member

Hello Caesar,

Thank you for your response.

I just tried it and it works for members that are not already logged in, but I had a non-admin test account already logged in when I enabled the maintenance mode via the aMember CP to see if it "kicks" them out, but it doesn't and the account remains logged in with complete access to the site.

I also tried to "log out" the test account from within my site and I get the "Closed for maintenance" message which ironically prevents me from logging out.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Richard
  4. caesar

I guess you mean customer logged in to 3ty part application or can access protected folders?
    Unfortunately there is nothing to do in regards to 3ty part application. It is not possible to auto logout customers from aMember there. In order to auto logout from protected folder you can remove all session files in folder amember/data/new-rewrite
  5. itsrich

itsrich Member

Hello Caesar,

Yeah, I have XenForo integration. I was talking to the guys over there and they said there's always issues with XenForo/aMember integration, but they because they don't have access to your code, they can't help...

So......as a customer that is very happy with both products, could I request that you guys join forces and get the integration silky smooth please? :)

Another question concerning the integration.....

Will updating to 4.5.3 affect the integration at all?

Thank you
  6. caesar

Yes, latest version of XenForo plugin works same way as all other integration plugins and support all features (including multiple user groups) but as I mentioned early aMember can not terminate all active users sessions in xenforo.

You can empty table xf_session in your xenforo database. This way you will terminate all active sessions in xenforo at once.