Show A Product To A Member Who Has Paid $$

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by Brian, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Brian

Brian Guest

Hi Alex,

I would really like to setup a product that only gets displayed to members that have and active account and has paid money to me, and to no one else-such as free members.

We do have the option to set a products "Scope" in the product's form, to only display to paid customers. But, when this is selected, the product gets displayed to users that have signed up with the FREE membership. I understand their account is flagged as "Paid", but they have really not paid any money at this point.

Before I purchased this software, I thought this is what would happen when the "Scope" was set at "Only Members with paid subscriptions". Now after testing, I realize that it displays to all active users, and not just people that have paid $$.

Why would we need this? Glad you asked.

We sell software. I wish to make is easy for my paying members (no free members) to login and purchase an upgrade that has just been released at a discounted price.

We also allow customers to sign-up and downlad a FREE version of the software. If they do this free account, then they pay no $$ and their account is automatically flagged as "Paid" by the script.

I do not wish for Free members to be able to "Select" the upgrade version and purchase it at the discounted price. In fact, this has already happened. Both the "Full Price" and the "Upgrade Price" shows on the list of Add/Renew Subscriptions list. And a free member has the liberty to order the upgrade price and pay only $29 instead on the $59 for the full version.

I hope this makes sence. :D

Can this be done already somehow, or can it be added easily? If not, I bet this feature would be nice for alot of folks that use aMember Pro.

Something like this would be nice and more understandable:

Select Scope:
    Visable For All
    Disabled
    Only on Signup
    Free and Paying Active Accounts
    Only Paying Active Accounts

Thanks for your time!
  2. neilhedley

neilhedley Guest

I'll second that.

Would be a huge help to me. I have a "Members" area that both my "paid free members" and my "paid cash members" have access to, but I have an additional area that I only want made available to the "paid cash members".

I thought maybe I could put the URL to the "paid cash members ONLY" into the signup email, but the signup email goes to everyone, instead of being product-specific.
  3. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

In latest aMember Pro (1.9.3RC18), you can define multiple URLs for every product.
  4. Brian

Brian Guest

Alex,

Using unique urls is good, but I don't think it solves our delimma. If the subscription's link shows up on their list, then they have access to it. No matter if they have paid $$ or not.

The way your script works, it marks free accounts, as paid customers. Even though they have not actually paid anything. I believe there is a difference in a free active account and a paying active account!

We would like the ability to add a new product, and have it ONLY display to people who have paid $$ to us.

We don't want free accounts to even see a subscription if it's setup as display to "ONLY Paying & Active Accounts" in the product's settings.

Does this make sense?
  5. Brian

Brian Guest

Something like this would be nice and more understandable:

Select Scope:
    Visable For All
    Disabled
    Only on Signup
    Free and Paying Active Accounts
    Only Paying Active Accounts

Is this doable?
  6. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

1. to "neilhedley":

No, no - it is a GREAT mistake - aMember Pro does make difference.
    When you setup protection with .htaccess, you can specifiy:
    Require valid-user # all active members can have access
    OR
    Require PRODUCT_1 PRODUCT_2 # only selected customers have access (who paid for product #1 or #2).

=======================================================================

2. to Brian:
    I understand your problem and it really works as you describe. I will add this ability to next release of aMember Pro.