Separate Customer Profile Information Pages Based On Gender?

Discussion in 'Installation' started by underwear, Feb 20, 2012.

1. underwear

underwear Member

Hi,

I was wondering what you would suggest as the best way to send back a 'customer profile page' email to gather more, optional information based on gender.

Do I need to create a Memberships for Men group and a Memberships for Women group? And then tell that group which response email to send them and direct them to a men-profile page or women-profile page?

Or is there a way to configure a radio button just for gender on the general sign-up form then associate which customer profile link ( 'men-profile' or 'women-profile' ) to send them in the 'welcome' email automatically?

Thank you for your suggestion/expertise.

Bryan
  2. underwear

underwear Member

3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Bryan, ​
    The simplest way is to create different memberships for men and women. Then setup links at amember CP -> Protect Content -> Links for each membership. Each link should point to corresponding profile form ​
  4. underwear

underwear Member

Ok. I'll take a look at that. Thank you for the direction/time saver.
  5. underwear

underwear Member

Hi there. I created individual sign-up forms based on gender. As for creating unique profile forms/pages - I am not sure how to do that. Is there a specific way to name and create a new profile form? Or do I just click on the 'Add New Form' button and insert that URL in the appropriate field within the CP > Protect Content > Links for Membership - page?

Bryan
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Bryan,
    Well I thought that you have own forms. So you want to use separate amember's profile forms? If so this will require customization.
  7. underwear

underwear Member

Yes, that's right. How would I go about customizing separate aMember profile forms? Is there a tutorial, or are you able to respond in full here with step by step instructions?
  8. underwear

underwear Member

If it is a complicated fix/process (I do have some skills but not an expert) please let me know. I think I found a solution to the issue we were having with the profile page fields/forms based on gender but it would be nice to separate it per membership/gender selection.