Seeking freelancer for Amember/MailChimp customization

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by thepropertyhub, Feb 4, 2014.

1. thepropertyhub

thepropertyhub aMember Pro Customer

Hi! First time posting here, so I hope I'm asking the right question in the right section - feel free to delete if not.

I'm looking for someone to make a customization to our Amember installation. Basically, we use the MailChimp integration so new subscribers are automatically added to a MailChimp list ("members").

However, we'd like it so that at the point of subscribing, Amember also checks whether that same email address appears on another MailChimp list ("prospects"), and unsubscribes them from that list if they are.

(People ended up on the "prospects" list by expressing an interest elsewhere - not in Amember - so as far as I'm aware there's no way to handle this without custom coding.)

It feels like that should be possible using the MailChimp API, but I don't have the knowledge to do it myself.

If you can help out, please let me know!
  2. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

Still looking for this? I could handle this for you, if so...
  3. russell_stutely

russell_stutely aMember Pro Customer

Cant you just set a rule at Mailchimp... if subscribe to members then unsubscribe from prospects?

We do EXACTLY the same as you with ARP Reach.
  4. thepropertyhub

thepropertyhub aMember Pro Customer

Russell - Wow, I had no idea that you could set rules like that within Mailchimp. I've done some Googling and can't find it: where in the Mailchimp interface can that be set?

For our particular situation, it turned out that the option was in Amember all along: we use the option "Unsubscribe customer from selected newsletter threads" to remove people from our "Prospects" list as soon as they become a member.