Product expiration date

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by cloister, Jan 10, 2014.

1. cloister

cloister New Member

I have a website that needs to process yearly subscriptions, which always end on the same calendar day (say, Jan 1 of each year). If someone signs up today, their subscription should last until 1/1/2015. If that member lets the product lapse on 1/1/2015, but then re-purchases it on a later day next year on, say Aug 5, 2015, then their renewed subscription should last until 1/1/2016.

I have not seen a way to define a Product's Start Date and Period such that it can be used continuously (year after year), always terminating on Jan 1.

Some problematic workarounds include:
    • I could set a Product for this year with a specific Start Date of 1/1/2014 and a Period of 365 days, but it doesn't seem like that would work for later years. I'd have to make a new Product each year (i.e. "Yearly 2014", "Yearly 2015", etc.) each with a Start Date of Jan 1 for that year.
    • Or I could try to reuse a single "Yearly" Product by editing the Start Date as each new year arrives (setting it to Jan 1 of the current year), but that seems like it would automatically extend active subscriptions (I guess), giving out free membership unless I manually edit every user's account.
    Ideally, what I'd like is to define a Product that works year after year, with definition:

Start Date: date of purchase
    End Date: Jan 1 of year following Start date

Is there any set of parameters that can achieve that?
  2. cpaprotna

cpaprotna Member

I need to do this too! And preferably pro-rate membership if purchased after a certain date.
  3. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Assign a renewal group if there are more than a single product in group and set 'Start Date Calculation' to Last existing subscription date of this product and Last expiration date in the renewal group.

Then if someone renews early new subscription will show as 'Future' and not begin until current subscription ends.