Pending Accounts - Email Triggering Options

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by ntsmedia, Mar 31, 2016.

1. ntsmedia

ntsmedia aMember Pro Customer

The current options for sending messages to "Pending" users in aMember4 is to have a message sent "Immediately" and/or on the 1st day, 2nd day, etc. up to the 40th day.

Sending "Immediately" is not useful for us since most users do complete payment and would get a "pending" message that is not relevant followed shortly by their "Welcome" message (which is not good and very confusing) .

If a user does bail on the payment and is still pending after say an hour or two, that is when we would like to send a first "pending" message rather than waiting until the first server midnight. I understand that someone might go to signup close to server midnight and therefore be likely to receive two pending messages if we also have a "on 1st day" message setup but that seems less problematic that not getting a message out faster for those that become pending many hours before server midnight.

Thus, the only viable option appears to be to have the first "pending" user message send "on 1st Day after invoice creation" which would be server midnight following the user's bailout on the signup payment. This wastes what we feel is perhaps the most important time to encourage the user to complete the signup payment ... the hours just after becoming a pending user.

Are there any options for improving upon this?

Many Thanks,
    John H.
  2. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

I have a responder I wrote for someone else, at the moment is is daily but can send a series of mails as you want, obviously I would need to customise it to suit.
  3. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Just went and checked v5.0.5 you can send by hour as well as day so it is solved for you! :cool:
  4. ntsmedia

ntsmedia aMember Pro Customer

Sounds great ... I have a number of your plugin for aMember3 so its great to see you working on aMember4.

How are you distributing things now?

Regards,
    John
  5. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Via JLogica as before ... though the sales side is pretty terrible at the moment :(
  6. alleycorp

alleycorp Member

Similar question. We're using 4.3.6.

One of the options is the following:

Optional Conditions (By Product)
    notification will be sent in case of one of selected products exits in invoice​

and it has a pull-down with our various products. What does it mean or do?

We see a number of situations where for whatever reason a person will create multiple invoices for the same product while trying to order it before finally being successful.

If we were to turn on the feature would each of those invoices generate an automated message?

Also, what if the person finally does end up buying but has multiple invoices? Is the messaging then suppressed?

Thanks.
  7. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

This options mean notification will be triggered only for invoices with chosen products.
    aMember disregard this notification in event of user make another paid invoice with same products within short time period.
  8. alleycorp

alleycorp Member

Thanks Caesar. Sounds like the answer we were hoping for.