Paypal Problem with Indian Rupee

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by rviyengar, Sep 11, 2013.

1. rviyengar

rviyengar New Member

I know that PayPal does not process Indian Rupee, however, when I contacted them, they replied that it is possible to accept with conversion with following instructions:

Re: Accepting Indian currency
    ‎08-17-2013 02:40 PM

You can use PayPal as a payment gateway and accept Indian National Ruppes currency. When the customers complete the sale the funds get sent to your PayPal account and convert to US Dollars. You will need to make sure the settings on your PayPal account are set to accept payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold. When a buyer sends a payment in a currency you hold, the money will automatically appear in your account in that currency. The setting is in your Profile.

Login to your account.
    Click on Profile.
    Click on My Selling Tools.
    Under Getting Paid and Managing My Risk.
    Look for Block Payments
    Click on Update.
    Under Block Payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold.
    Check NO
    Save.
    =======================
    With this option available, why amember should throw the error:

Sorry, it is impossible to use this payment method for this order. Please select another payment method : This payment system could not handle payments in [INR] currency

is there any workaround?

thanks and regards
  2. rviyengar

rviyengar New Member

Is it possible to convert INR to USD before passing to paypal? Probably I can use google currency converter api. Is there any suggestion?
  3. awordpresslife

awordpresslife New Member

We are also facing the same issue.

We are using RazorPay to accept payment through my Indian customers.

Setup and configure the plugin on site, my RazorPay account also active.

But at the time of Payment, getting this error:

An Error has occurred
    Sorry, it is impossible to use this payment method for this order. Please select another payment method : This payment system could not handle payments in [USD] currency

Please contact webmaster: abc@gmail.com

I found some another site using aMember script using the RazorPay payment gateway and getting the payment in USD and this is working perfectly on their site. How???

So, please help me out with this.