Paypal Pro plugin - cancel not working

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by ges33, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ges33

ges33 Member

In aMember v4 I'm using the Paypal Pro plugin to set up recurring payments in Paypal Website Payments Pro. Testing in sandbox. Works great to set up recurring profile and make initial payment. When (as test user) I cancel a subscription, it cancels in aMember but not on the Paypal side.

Any idea what's wrong? Am I missing something? Is this a bug?
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This has been fixed. Fix will be available in next release.
  3. ges33

ges33 Member

Thanks, Alex.
    I also noticed, when setting up recurring payments profile, there was another issue.
    Example:
    I set up a test subscription to renew every day. It ran an initial payment on 1/22 and scheduled the next payment for 1/24. On 1/23 my users expired because no payment was made.
    It'd be great to get this fixed, too. I'm looking forward to getting this plugin stable.
  4. alexander

As I remember this is paypal issue. They just can't handle 1 day trials correctly(and this affect first payment only).
    Will tyou use such scheme on live site as well?
    When you set first period for more then one day everything will work right.
  5. ges33

ges33 Member

No, I'm not planning on using one day subscriptions on live site, just to set recurring payment functionality. I will try again with longer subscription length.
    Thanks!
  6. ges33

ges33 Member

Longer subscription length on paypal pro solves problem.
    I uploaded latest paypal pro plugin sent from support. It was supposed to fix the inability to cancel recurring payments profile, but I still seem to be having the same problem. When user cancels their subscription, recurring payment profile in paypal pro isn't cancelled.
  7. alexander

Well this probably was my mistake. I forgot that new plugin use other modifications from new aMember PRO release. So you have to upgrade your installation to 4.1.11 when it is released. Please contact me personally at alexander@cgi-central.net or provide ticket number here I will send a link to latest version before release.