password-protected private zone (multi-sites)

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by updownsignals, Nov 9, 2015.

1. updownsignals

updownsignals New Member

Hello

we have several sites with the amember pro plugin, and one site that serves as the “back-office” of it all.

Each site offer several data products (analysis on markets, stocks, commodities and so on) and it turns out that a customer can register / be a member of several such data products.

Until now, we “pushed” the data to them, mainly via email but also text/SMS. We would like now to create a password-protected “private zone” in each site, where the users can enter and see the last data analysis, to the specific product that they asked for, online.

So in addition to get the emails at 11:30, they will be able to enter that part of the site and see the same content.

Of course, after becoming non-active, or if changing the password, the accessibility of the data will change accordingly.

My questions are:
    1) Is it possible to create such “password-protected zone” in each site, or does it have to be at the site where I have the back-office?

2) Do you have such solution, or do I need to hire a coder to set it up from scratch?

3) Do you have any documentation / help files on such solution?

Thanks
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Yes, it is possible to create password-protected area on each site.

In case you have aMember installed on each site you can protect some folder at
    aMember CP -> Protect Content -> Folders and put your protected content to this folder
    http://www.amember.com/docs/Content/Folders

In case you have aMember only on one (main) domain you can use aMember Remote script
    to protect folders on other domain based on user active subscriptions in main domain.
    http://www.amember.com/docs/Integration/Amember_Remote