Partially Protecting Posts, Non-Protected Front Page

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by msnaughty, Jan 14, 2015.

1. msnaughty

msnaughty New Member

Hi
    So yesterday I had amember installed. I was thinking I'd be able to work it out as I go along. Am now feeling very confused.

I am looking to setup a video-on-demand site that allows people to purchase individual videos to view. I am using Wordpress and will set up CCBill billing with it.

The setup I had planned to use is to have a freely available front page that showcased individual videos. If the user clicked on those links, they'd go to the video's separate post. I thought I could have an unprotected section at the top of the post which featured a trailer, more info and an option to buy. If the user then subscribed, they'd get access to the rest of the post with the full video on it and possible download links.

Messing around with the install, I've added the [am4guest notactive=1] codes around the content I want to be free. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. The entire VOD directory seems to be protected so I need to login to see the front page. I only wanted individual pages protected.

Have I made a massive error here? I freely admit I have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks
  2. hdnadmin

hdnadmin aMember Pro Customer

I think this is similar to what I'm trying to do, I have a custom site where I am trying to protect stories but not the main story page, ie protect /news/this-is-a-story but not /news/.

Is this possible? I'm only running Apache 2.2 and cannot use if/else statements in .htaccess.