offering discounts on memberships help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ccwjames, Dec 13, 2016.

1. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

hi all,
    im trying to do the following and cant seem to get the tree right for the membership. I`m trying to offer 2 kinds of reseller membership/groups and give each one a diff membership pages and discounts

Reseller VIP membership £9.99
    when a user picks this one i want them to become the reseller vip group and ONLY see memberships or pages for this group. I did under Product Categories make this Reseller Account VIP. So far i have 4 products linked (all as 10x) and of course this is a 70% discount on main site pages

Reseller Account Standard £15.99
    Now this is for users who wont buy 10 at a time products. I want to offer uses in this group a 50% on main prices. How can i set this up? I didn want to make 4 more products. i was thinking of coupons, but what if someone gave the coupon code to a third party?
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

Do you want to give coupon code only to specific users? It is possible to bind coupon to some user and only this user will be able to use it.
    Navigate to
    aMember Cp -> Products -> Coupons
    click magnify icon to view list of coupons
    coupon-view.png
    assign some user to coupon
    coupon-assign.png

Best Regards.
  3. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

yes i got that one
    but lets say they buy the Reseller Account Standard £15.99 and im not at home and want to buy 5 memberships, they have to wait to i give them coupons which means they may not be happy as need discount there and then

how about if a user buys Reseller Account Standard £15.99, they can auto get 50% on said products
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Do you mean you want to give user discount to some product based on his active subscriptions?
    I am afraid aMember has not such feature yet. We can implement plugin that will add such feature though.
    Do you mind to contact us in helpdesk for a quote for such development?

Best Regards.
  5. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

opened a ticket