Massive email question

Discussion in 'Free Talk for Website Owners and Webmasters' started by joialoura, Dec 2, 2009.

1. joialoura

joialoura New Member

Hi everyone.
    I need help about sending massive emails (special newsletter)
    I have at the moment 950 subscribers on my site.
    I want to email all of them with some news. I know Amember have an option that allow to write and send emails to our subscribers (such as newsletters).
    The point is that my server have a limit for sending 750 emails in one hour...So the remaining 200 emails adresses won't be sent.
    Is there a way to create, lets say two groups of 450 emails, and send them newsletters every hour.....?????
    I will appreciate your help
  2. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

Sounds like you have a few options....

1) You could duplicate your product, make a minor name change, move some of your members into it and maintain fewer than 750 in each group at all times.
    2) You could move to a better hosting company
    3) You could use a different service for sending email and bridge it to amember using a plugin (i.e. aweber)
    4) If this is an infrequent problem (i.e. you don't do many mailings) you could export your addresses to a standalone email program that can pace your mailings to a predefined speed
  3. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

JLogica has a plugin that will slow down the speed of sending emails through aMember. Seems the easiest way to handle this situation.