Just bought, but before I install...

Discussion in 'Installation' started by joelrunner, Jun 5, 2017.

1. joelrunner

joelrunner New Member

Hi there,

I just bought aMember, and am looking forward to putting it to use. Before I have it installed, I'd like to know something.

I have a blog that adds 5 posts per day. I want free members to only see two of those - and paid members should get to see all of them. I want my free members to get a daily digest through Aweber of just those 2 posts, and I want my paid members to get all 5.

Is it possible to generate two different feeds respectively using the same sub-folder, or do I need to create a separate member's area (under an entirely different sub-folder) to accomplish this?

For example, if I post:
    Blog Post 1 (free), Blog Post 2 (free), Blog Post 3, Blog Post 4, Blog Post 5, I'd like to be able to post them all to the same sub-folder, but tag the members only posts so free members don't see them on the blog, or in the daily RSS feed.

If that is not possible, I could create two different blogs, but I'd really rather not do that.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

One blog is enough.

I suggest to create two categories - Free Content and Paid Content.

You can setup protection for categories so anyone can access posts from 'Free Contente'
    and only user with active subscription can access posts from 'Paid Content' category,

Then just put your post to proper category.

http://www.amember.com/docs/Integration/Wordpress

Best Regards.