Is v4 already officially released (or still beta)?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by thoefter, Nov 30, 2011.

1. thoefter

thoefter New Member

Hi,

because this forum says "discussing future version" at the top and there is no mention of version 4 on the sales / buy now page I am unsure wether it is already officially released or still a beta? If I would buy now do I already get v4?

I am running v3 on a site right now and would like to use v4 for my next project but would require it to be finished and stable for that.

Thanks
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

You will receive access to both versions (v3 and v4)
    v4 can be used for new projects without a problem. (we use it on our site).
  3. thoefter

thoefter New Member

Thanks for the quick reply! Can you tell me if the following would be possible with v4:

- Run a Beta where the product is free and then later at release edit it to a paid product, so that all beta testers have to subscribe/pay if they want to remain members?

- Use the affiliate program during the Beta, so that members can refer others to the free beta product and then earn commission if the users they refered upgrade to paid later?

- Display the amember admin panel inside the Wordpress admin. I use amember to sign up users to my WP membership service and would love to have only one user area for everything (instead of them having to sign into Wordpress and amember separately)

Thanks for any tips!
  4. stockguy22

stockguy22 Member

We did this, but we made a new product and told everyone to subscribe to it who wanted in. My guess, users are locked in to a sub price. So if they have the beta product, then you change the price (edit item), then they will still be locked in. My suggestion would be to set a term on the beta subscription that is non recurring and ends on a specific date if you know when you will launch your app.

Alex will have to answer this - but this seems like it's getting a little complex and I see where you're coming from, though.

No
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Of course, you can do it using aMember's built-in affiliate program module. You can configure it so all members are automatically becomes affiliates.

If you do complete configuration of aMember -> Wordpress integration, user will not have to login twice, and aMember USER-SIDE pages will be displayed inside your Wordpress theme.
    However, admin area is separate, but I hope it is not a problem at all.
  6. stockguy22

stockguy22 Member

I don't think there is a need to integrate both admin areas, which I *think* he is implying.

If you are talking about user sections, then Alex is right on the ball. Very easy to do.
  7. thoefter

thoefter New Member

hanksf or your replies. Yes, I meant to integrate both admin areas as you say stockguy. Of course that is not necessary but would be a nice thing to have for me, so I thought maybe someone has attempted it before.

I know that, I guess my question was more how the affiliate cookies work.

E.g. affiliate X refers user Y, who signs up for a FREE product.
    2 months later user Y upgrades from the FREE product to a paid product - will affiliate X get credit for that or is there some sort of time limit?
  8. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes affiliate X will get credit in this situation. There is no time limit.