Invoice vs receipts?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by bennyuk1, Oct 12, 2012.

1. bennyuk1

bennyuk1 aMember Pro Customer

AM v4.2.6
    Using worldpay for recurring subscriptions and one off payments.

When members have paid they can see an "Invoice" in their user area/dashboard.

However, most users actually require a "receipt" to show they have paid.

(an invoice shows the amount that is due
    a receipt shows the amount that has been paid)

1. When is an actual INVOICE created in AM? eg before or afer payment has been collected?

2. Can Receipts be created, or is it possibel to show payment status in dashboard?

3. Can payment status be added to invoices, eg PAID be writtten in big letters to show when paid. (maybe with pay date also)?

Thanks
  2. mrross1

mrross1 aMember Pro Customer

We used the "Edit Messages" function and changed all reference from Invoice to Receipt.

Gary
  3. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Invoice is generated at signup time and shows as 'Pending' in aMember admin dashboard within respective member details.

It is not viewable by member until after payment within their membership area.
  4. bennyuk1

OK, thanks for the updates. So it sounds like if a user can see an "Invoice" in their dashboard, then it is always going be have been PAID?

So is there a nice way to add the word PAID to the invoices?

I've noticed that there is an option to upload "custom PDF template for invoice " but cannot seem to find any info or docs or examples on this. Has anyone had success with createing and using custom pdf invoices?
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Just download an aMember invoice and create a PDF document with similar layout. aMember will put header and table to it, you may customize header and footer, background as you wish.

If you need to add word PAID to pdf invoice, contact us via helpdesk, we will help.
  6. bennyuk1

7. alex

8. fearnp

fearnp New Member

Is any more info available about creating a PDF template please? I can now see that I should create a blank PDF with header image etc. (?) but how do I add or move dynamic content to the template? For example, I'd like to show the customer's name and address on the left hand side of the invoice (so it would fit in an envelope address window). Is that possible?
  9. alex

Unfortunately, it is currently impossible. We are planning to extend this, but it is extremely hard because we are limited to PHP and cannot use third-party PDF tools, as software must be running on any host.
  10. teufelszeug

teufelszeug New Member

Are there any updates on this issue? I'd like to have the customers name & address on the left side as well.