Invoice Due Dates

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by powerkeys, Aug 18, 2016.

1. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

Is there a way to set how far out the due dates for invoices should be?

I see some pending invoices have due dates that are 7 days out, and I see some that are 11 days out. I'd like to give my members 14 days before an invoice expires.

How is this done?

Thanks.
  2. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

i have to ask, why are some so far out? its all done via the product area and i can only guess you didn't pick payment date? for working out the next payment?

Start Date Calculation
    rules for subscription start date calculation.
    MAX date from alternatives will be chosen.
    This settings has no effect for recurring subscriptions
  3. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

I'm not sure why the dates are as they are. As far as I know, I haven't adjusted any settings that would account for it, including the start dates on subscriptions. All but one of my products are single-payment, lifetime memberships.
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Due Date is set when you send payment link for customer. This date is expiration date of payment link. By default amember set it to 7 days, but you can change that in "Send Payment Link" form.
  5. benfitts

benfitts Member

Major problem with aMember and PayPal is if their recurring didn't happen on the correct date aMember will change the invoice date when it is able to finally bill them. If it retries every 3 days for example you'll end up with people whose invoice is 3 days off what it should be (or 6 or 9 or whatever)