Installing version 4

Discussion in 'Installation' started by ebrahim, Dec 4, 2011.

1. ebrahim

ebrahim New Member

Hi There. I'm working on my clients site on his behalf and the installation process for version 4 seems to be faulting. I run setup but it never creates the admin or other folder I assum eit's supposed to generate.

I get tons of database fields being created but seem to be stuck with the same collection of files.

I also get a mod_rewrite warning when running setup, but no warning that says anything about folder permissions prevents the software from creating it;s required files or folders
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I am not sure what the problem is, but I would recommend two options.
    1. Submit a ticket through the Help Desk (link provided in the member area)
    2. Request free installation also through the Help Desk. They can usually install aMember within one day.
    Support is open Mon-Fri.
  3. ebrahim

ebrahim New Member

Thanks a ton for you response. Could you please provide a link to the help desk? I am unable to login to the install now. I'm having a nightmare of a time installing a test version as well as with upgrading an existing install.
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Log into your aMember account (on this site) and go to the page that lists the domain name of the installation. There is an icon to the right (in the action column) that launches a Request for Installation form.