Incremental Plugin Re-Write

Discussion in 'Testimonials' started by calisolllc, Jul 2, 2008.

1. calisolllc

calisolllc Member

We purchased the incremental plugin to use on a large teaching site and in its original form it wasn't very useful for us. It was not designed to be very usable for sites with large amounts of delivered incremental content (such as new files being delivered daily for an extended period).
    So we designed a very substantial rewrite of the plugin and convinced them it was a valuable addition to the whole concept of the plugin. We submitted the full specification to Alex and his team and within a short period they delivered a completed product rewrite for us at no charge. Over the first two days of testing we found 2 very minor bugs which they fixed within 24 hrs and we specified even more formatting changes to make it even better and once again they delivered within 24 hrs, no complaints, no charge and all work done very professionally.
    Thanks to Alex and Andrey and any other members of the team that may have worked with us on this.
    A GREAT job and many thanks to your team
  2. lucidology_com

lucidology_com New Member

They recently updated it so you can protect one directory with multiple incremental links.
  3. 2566

2566 New Member

Is this modification available to new customers as well? I am needing this functionality, and I would like to not have to make the modifications myself after purchasing the Incremental Content plugin.

Thanks,
    Paul
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Yes, the new version allows you to use the same content with various products without modifying the plugin.

David
  5. holly

holly New Member

I just purchased the incremental content plugin from my amember support area. Does this mean I got the new rewritten version? Or do I have to do something else to get that version?
  6. davidm1

You should be good.

David
  7. 2566

2566 New Member

i'm not sure of the best way to do this (i didn't see private messages on this forum), but davidm1 or calisolllc, could you contact me directly and let me know how this plugin actually works? i'm not finding much information about it, and i want to know it is definitely what we need before purchasing it. from calisolllc's description, i believe it is perfect, i just need a little more confirmation. my email address is paulbrown83 at gmail.
  8. davidm1

9. 2566

2566 New Member

that looks pretty much like what i want. i have some more specific questions, though. we will be putting out a daily video, and i think the best way to pull this off is to update the subscription "start date" every week. that is, if a person subscribes on or after a Sunday, then their subscription will start with that week's videos, regardless of what day of that week they subscribed. Make sense? There's probably a better way to describe it, sorry.

With that setup, can I go in every week and modify the subscription information to give the correct restrictions? I don't want someone to see files that are further back in history than when their subscription started. I guess I'm having trouble seeing the back end logistics of how this plugin actually works. once I see that (or if you can tell me if this will work), then I will know if this is the right product. Like I said, I think it will work, I'm just making sure.

Thanks!
  10. davidm1

I think what you are talking about is a "book of the month model" where you allow access to the current months content for all members, but previous months content sunsets? In other words all members are on the same schedule?

That won't work with the default plugin- theres a thread around here that talks about how to hack the plugin to handle that.

the plugin as it is allows you to set content availability based on when an individual subscriber signs up- it can limit the time, for example, access for 2 weeks.

David
  11. 2566

2566 New Member

yeah, i read that thread, which is what made me hesitate to by the plugin. the hack didn't quite make sense to me. is there much to it?

my plan to do it without the plugin would be to set up a new folder every week and attach it to a new subscription for customers to purchase. then i can set up symbolic links within the older folders to link to the newer content, to avoid having to post duplicate files to the server. i'm afraid that might cause confusion, if there are too many subscriptions visible to a new customer. would I be able to hide the older subscriptions from new customers while keeping those older subscriptions active? what do you think? or should i just hack the plugin?
  12. 2566

2566 New Member

where is that hack posted? i have searched for a while now and I cannot seem to locate it. and, will it definitely do what I need it to do?
  13. davidm1